Saturday, February 7, 2009

What about community?

Lesli and I took in the sights and sounds of Glover Park tonight. What is so important about community? Community is where life is shared. Community is where stories are told. Community is where people join together to stand for a cause. I came across a website that was about Glover Park earlier today. It's loaded with details about this small section of Washington, DC. In that, though, I could see how important community is to folks. Community is a ritual. To be in community with a group of people is saying I belong to something. I'm a part of something that is bigger than me when I am part of a community. I look forward to getting to know the people of this community. Hopefully in the process, create more opportunities for community. Remember to mark Saturday, February 28 - 5 PM. 

Joy and Peace!
Jimmy

No comments:

Post a Comment