Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Our story

12 hours, two lattes, and one church history class later, I'm sitting here at the end of the day pondering story. What does it mean when we say, "What's your story?" In the post-modern culture, that seems to be the buzz. In the church, we recognize that we are a part of God's story. Our narrative is woven into God's story in a complex and marvelous way. As I ponder story, I'm also trying to write a script. On Thursday, we're going to shoot two or three brief promo videos for Crossroads. I want to refer to story in one of these. So, what do I say? How important is your story? Do you see a connection between your story and God's narrative? Do you feel like your story is carefully managed and controlled like Jim Carey's character in The Truman Show? Do you feel like it is spiraling out of control? What is your story, and more importantly, how does it connect with others? 

No comments:

Post a Comment