Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Martin Luther King Day of Service

Prayer, Remembrance and Service! On Martin Luther King, Jr. day, the Crossroads team led a service of prayer and remembrance followed by a day of service. Nearly 90 folks came out to work in the St. Luke's Mission Center (cleaning the homeless shelter, making sandwiches for the hypothermia shelter residents, preparing the hostel for mission groups, etc). It was a great day that began with worship, and with Mary Jean giving her testimony about attending the March on Washington in 1963. Thanks to all who came out as we seek to turn our worship into witness.

1 comment:

  1. Hello all. I am pleased to say that I was there! I was at this memorable event. I was excited to find time out of my busy schedule to give back to the community and volunteer at the St. Luke's Mission Center. I enjoyed hearing the testimony of Mary Jean because she was there! I hope to live as long as Mary Jean so that I can share my testimony about Obama as well.

    Thanks for hosting the Day of Service. I look forward to more opportunities to give back to my community.

    "Let Brotherly Love Continue." Hebrews 13:1

    JC

    ReplyDelete